Saturday, May 31, 2008

Fashion Fallout

As a transplant to a new area, 2700 miles away from where I used to live, it's like another country here. At my former job, I could get away with mixing my 4 pairs of dress pants with various dress shirts/sweaters & cardigans everyday, but now I have to attempt at outfits of the casual territory. It's like high school all over again.

Style, attitude & fashion is the way way, it's been flipped, flopped, and it's hard to process right now. I've been going through a fashion-fallout for the past 3 years now. I've lived in 5 residences in the past 3 years, in 3 cities & 3 states, I've hit the mid-twenties and am staring at my closet, without anything to wear.

My style disintegrated during my year of "service." I'm still grasping at where I left off, to find where I can pick up. My husband says I've settled into some foreign 90's style...a la *my so-called life* (and I've been driven towards weird plaids lately)

But mostly, I just don't see anything I want to buy. Yes those shoes are cute, but they look like they hurt, all the shirts seem to sheer, the pants too tight/stretchy/high...and I'd just like to lounge in my sweats, please. 


No comments: